1. Strength: The strength of recycled polyester staple fiber is nearly one times higher than cotton and three times higher than wool, so the polyester fabric is strong and durable.
2. Heat resistance: It can be used at 70～170℃, and it has a good heat resistance and thermal stability among synthetic fibres.
3. Elasticity: The elasticity of recycled polyester staple fiber is close to wool's, and its wrinkle resistance is higher than that of other fibres. The fabric is not wrinkled and has good line retention.
4. Abrasion resistance: The abrasion resistance of recycled polyester staple fiber is second only to nylon and ranks second among synthetic fibres.
5. Water absorption: Regenerated polyester staple fibre has low water absorption, moisture regain, and good insulation performance, however, due to low water absorption, high static electricity generated by friction and poor dyeing performance.
Recycled polyester staple fiber is an essential variety of synthetic fibres. It is made of purified terephthalic acid or dimethyl terephthalate and ethylene glycol through esterification, transesterification, and polycondensation reactions: fibre polymer-polyethene terephthalate, fibre made by spinning and post-processing.
Recycled polyester staple fiber is used as recycled polyester clothing fibre, and its fabric can achieve the effect of no wrinkle and ironing after washing. Polyester is often blended or interwoven with various fibres, such as cotton-polyester, wool polyester, etc., and is widely used in different clothing and decorative materials. Recycled polyester staple fiber can be used industrially for conveyor belts, tents, canvas, cables, fishing nets, etc., especially polyester cord used for tires, and its performance is close to nylon. Recycled polyester staple fiber can also be used for electrical insulation materials, acid-resistant filter cloth, cloth for the medical industry, etc. Synthetic fibre has the characteristics of high strength, abrasion resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance, high-temperature resistance, lightweight, warmth retention, good electrical insulation and resistance to mildew. It has been widely used in various fields of the national economy.